- To Marinate Mutton
- To make masala
Mutton Chukka / Mutton Varuval is a recipe in which mutton is cooked with all the spices and the meat is so tender and juicy that it will melt in your mouth. This mutton roast is the perfect side dish for any rice varieties.
- Marinate Mutton:In a Large Bowl, Add Ginger Garlic paste,Turmeric Powder,Coriander Powder,Cumin Powder ,Green Chillies and Required Salt to the Cleaned Mutton pieces and marinate it for minimum 2 hrs to Overnight.Overnight Marination makes the meat more flavorful and juicy.
- In a pressure cooker,add the marinated mutton pieces and 1/2 Cup water and pressure cook them for 4 to 5 whistles in medium heat or until they are cooked well.
- In a pan,Add oil and temper it with mustard seeds ,Dry Red Chillies ,Ginger Green Chillies and lots of curry leaves.
- Add the chopped shallots and saute them until they become translucent.
- Add the Cooked Mutton along with soup and saute until the water evaporates completely.
- Add Pepper powder and saute until it coats well with the mutton pieces.
- Tasty Mutton Chukka is ready to serve.