- To marinate&Cook Mutton
- For Masala paste
- To roast mutton
- To Marinate Mutton:In a bowl,Add the cleaned mutton pieces,ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder and required salt and mix well.Allow it to rest for an hour or two.
- To Cook mutton :Heat a tbsp of ghee in a pressure cooker and Add marinated mutton and saute until the meat releases its own juices .Keep sauting in low flame.Add a cup of water to it and cook for 4 to 5 whistles until the meat is done.
- To prepare masala :Dry roast the spices Cumin seeds,Star anise,Cinnamon sticks,cardamom,cloves,peppercorns,fennel seeds,Coriander seeds,Dry Red Chilli(For spiceness ),Kashmiri dry red chillies ( for good red color,it wont be spicy).
- Transfer it to a blender .To that add garlic pods,small lemon size tamarind extract and grind to a thick and smooth paste.If you find difficult to grind to a smooth paste,add about 1 or 2 tbsp of water to it and grind.
- To make Mutton ghee roast:Heat 3 tbsp ghee in a pan,add the ground masala paste and saute well in the ghee in a low flame for a minute or two.
- Add the cooked mutton and saute well until all the moisture evaporates completely and the mutton is roasted nicely.Check salt and add if needed .Finally add some curry leaves and coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Our Delicious Mutton ghee roast is ready to be served.Enjoyyy!!!! 🙂
- You can do this recipe either as semi gravy or roast based on your preference
- The freshly ground masala can be stored in freezer for later use.If you have masala ready in hand,you can quickly prepare this dish
- Once can substitute ghee with Oil,if they want.But Ghee gives an unique flavor and taste to the dish
If you find this post useful,Please pin it or share it in facebook / Whatsapp /Google+ . Also please share your suggestions and your valuable comments.It will motivate me and i feel very happy.Thank You