- To Prepare Masala powder
- To Marinate Mutton
- To Prepare Gravy
Mutton Gravy Recipe (without Coconut):This gravy is absolutely delicious in taste and it is made with simple Onion tomato gravy without coconut. It goes well with rice,pulao’s,parathas,roti’s,
- To prepare fresh masala powder : In a blender / Coffee grinder , add cinnamon stick , Cardamom , Cloves , Star Anise and fennel seeds.Grind to a fine powder .Keep it aside.
- To Marinate Mutton :In a large bowl, add the cleaned mutton pieces, Curd, ginger garlic paste , Turmeric powder, Kashmiri Red Chilly powder, Coriander powder and required salt. Mix well.
- Allow it to marinate for 2 hours to overnight.Overnight marination infuses more flavor.
- To prepare gravy : In a Pressure Cooker ,heat some Oil and temper it with bay leaves.
- Add finely chopped Onion and saute till it become soft.
- To that, add ginger garlic paste and fry it till raw smell goes.
- Add Tomatoes and saute till mushy.
- To that, Add the marinated mutton and saute for about 5 minutes.Add required salt and water and mix well.
- Pressure cook for about 4 to 5 whistles on a medium heat.
- Add the freshly ground masala powder and boil for 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves .
- Tasty Mutton gravy is ready.