- To Clean Mutton liver
- To Marinate the liver
- To Fry the mutton
Mutton Liver fry : This fry is very simple to make and taste delicious, Pepper powder, fennel powder and shallots gives the extra flavor and taste to this fry.Do try this and share how it turned out to you:)
- To Clean Mutton liver:In a large bowl,add the mutton liver pieces, cup of water and 2 tbsp of vinegar. Let it rest for 30 mins. This helps to remove the strong distinctive flavor of the liver. You can also add turmeric powder instead of Vinegar. After 30 mins, wash well for 3 to 4 times.
- To Marinate the liver :In a large bowl, add the cleaned mutton liver, turmeric powder, kashmiri chilly powder, Coriander powder, garam masala powder, fennel powder(dont skip it as it gives more flavor to the fry) and ginger garlic paste. Mix well and let it rest for 30 mins . Dont add salt now.Lets add salt after the liver got cooked completely.
- To Cook the liver: In a pan,heat a tbsp of Oil.Add the marinated mutton liver pieces and saute well for 3 to 5 mins.Add 1/4 Cup of water. Dont add more water as the liver itself oozes out lots of moisture.Cover the pan and Cook for 15 to 20 mins until done. Dont overcook the mutton liver pieces as its make the mutton liver rubbery.Keep it aside
- To Fry the mutton : In a large pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil.Temper it with Mustard seeds,fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add Chopped shallots and green chillies and saute until the onions becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the cooked liver, salt and keep stirring until all the moisture evaporates completely.
- Add pepper powder, Chopped coriander leaves and 1/2 lemon juice and mix well.
- Tasty spicy Mutton liver fry is ready.