- To Marinate Mutton
- To make masala
Mutton Roast / Mutton Varuval is a recipe in which mutton is cooked with all the spices and the meat is so tender and juicy that it will melt in your mouth. This mutton roast is the perfect side dish for any rice varieties.
- Marinate Mutton:In a Large Bowl, Add mutton/lamb pieces, salt, Turmeric Powder, Kashmiri chilly powder, Coriander Powder, Ginger Garlic paste and lemon juice.Mix well and marinate it for minimum 1 hr to Overnight.Overnight Marination makes the meat more flavorful and juicy.
- In a pressure cooker,add the marinated mutton pieces and 1/2 Cup water and pressure cook them for 4 to 5 whistles in medium heat or until they are cooked well.
- In a pan,Add oil and temper it with mustard seeds ,Dry Red Chillies and lots of curry leaves.
- Add the Cooked Mutton along with soup and saute until the water evaporates completely.
- Add Pepper powder and garam masala powder and saute until it coats well with the mutton pieces.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves.
- Tasty mutton roast is ready