- Besan /Gram Flour - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 Cup + 1/4 Cup
- Sugar - 1 1/2 Cups
- Water - 1/3 Cup
Ghee Mysore Pak :It is a awesome and famous sweet in south India.There are two types of mysore pak, one is the traditional hard mysore pak and the second is soft ghee version.Ghee mysore pak just melts in your mouth and tastes so heavenly!.This tastes similar to the Krishna Sweets Ghee Mysore pak. So Lets see how to make this delicious Ghee Mysore pak.
- To Roast Besan Flour :In a non stick pan, add the besan flour and roast until you feel a nice aroma.Do it in medium low heat. It will take about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once done,Use a Siever, sieve the roasted besan flour nicely.This is a must step as it will give a smooth texture to the mysore pak.
- To make Besan – Ghee paste:In a Bowl,mix the sifted besan flour with 1 cup of Ghee .Make a smooth paste out of it.
- To make Sugar syrup:In a pan,Add the sugar and add water.Stir until the sugar gets dissolved completely and boil till you reach a one string consistency.
- To check one string consistency,When we rub a drop of sugar syrup between our thumb and index finger, it should form a single thread .
- To Make Mysore Pak: To that sugar syrup,Add the besan, ghee paste and stir continuously .
- Incorporate the remaining 1/4 cup ghee at frequent intervals.Start adding ghee slowly and add like 1 – 2 tbsp at a time. Keep stirring until the ghee mixes with the besan flour mixture and then add the next batch of ghee and repeat until you finish the ghee.
- Stir it nicely till it leaves the sides of the pan and doesn’t get stick to the bottom.The mixture becomes slightly pale and we get a nice aroma of ghee and cooked besan. The consistency is more important else you will get hard or crumbled mysore paks.
- At this stage transfer it to the greased tray and level it with a greased spatula.
- Wait until warm and cut into desired shape. Let it cool down completely.
- Enjoy the soft Ghee Mysore Pak!!!
- One string consistency is a must to get a perfect mysore pak
- If it over cooked even for few minutes mysore pak will not be soft.
- Do it only in low or medium heat ,otherwise you will miss the correct stage
- If you want to cut off the ghee,you can replace half of the ghee with Oil