- To Grind
Crab Soup/ Rasam : Crabs are good to improve our immunity and in small portion of crab, you get lots of protein, multitude of minerals and several B vitamins.This Soup is a best way to treat cold, flu, cough, joint pain etc.Not only it is healthy,it is very very delicious in taste and it is a treat during winter days.Do try this simple crab soup and share your feedback:)
- To Grind : In a blender / Mixie, Add Cumin seeds, Peppercorns, garlic pods and few curry leaves.Grind it to a coarse paste.Keep it aside.
- To Make Crab Rasam : Heat Oil in a pressure cooker. Temper it with Fennel seeds, pepper corns, dry red chillies and few curry leaves.
- Add Chopped Shallots and saute till soft and translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes.
- Add Chopped Tomato and saute till it become mushy.
- To that, Add freshly ground masala, turmeric powder and Coriander powder.Saute for a min.
- Add the Crab pieces and saute well in the masalas.
- Add half lemon sized tamarind extracted in a cup of water, required water and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Close the lid and Pressure cook for 1 whistle in medium heat. Wait till the pressure get released on its own.
- Add Hing / Asafoetida and chopped Coriander leaves .
- Serve as a Soup or as rasam with rice.
- I have used dungeness crab for this soup. you can use small crab too.
- You can increase or decrease the pepper as per your spice level