- To Make Orange Sauce
- For Garnishing
Cuisine: Indo-Chinese Cooking time: 45 mins Serving: 4 people
Orange Cauliflower : Very flavorful,Very Citrusy,Very Sweet recipe.This recipe is super simple to make and very worth trying in your own kitchen.Give it a try this awesome orange glazed cauliflower and am very sure ,you and your family will enjoy it .
Orange Chicken is a very popular dish from Panda Express.Here we are just replacing the chicken with Cauliflower.You can check the Orange Chicken recipe here
- Chop the Cauliflower into small florets and keep it aside.
- To prepare Batter:Take a cup of all purpose flour in a large bowl and Add water little by little and make it to a smooth batter.Add Required salt,pepper powder ,Chilli flakes and mix well.
- Add the Cauliflower florets to it and coat well with the batter.
- To Fry Cauliflower florets: Heat some Oil in a pan and fry the cauliflower florets in small batches.Drain it on paper towel.Set Aside.
- To Make Orange Sauce : In a pan, Add a tsp of Sesame Oil .Add minced garlic(garlic is important in the sauce,so dont skip it) and ginger and saute until nice aroma comes.
- Add Orange juice,Brown Sugar(or you can use white sugar or even honey instead), Chilli sauce,Soy sauce,Orange zest and mix well.Boil for a min.
- To that,Add Corn Starch Water (1 tsp cornstarch mixed in 3 tbsp Water) and stir for few minutes.Keep stirring until the sauce is thickened well.
- To Assemble:Add the prepared orange sauce over the cauliflower florets and toss well.
- Sprinkle the top with Sesame Seeds and chopped green onions.
- Serve it with Fried rice or noodles.Enjoy the delicious Orange Cauliflower !!!!