- To temper
Spinach Dal :This is a very simple recipe and you can do it in less time.Many are not much fond of spinach,but when we add them with dal, it taste awesome also its nutritious.Kids too will love to eat with rice topped with ghee.Do try this simple recipe and share your valuable feedback:)
- Pick Spinach leaves and rinse it under water to remove all the dirt from the leaves.Chop it and keep it aside.
- To Cook dal : In a Pressure cooker, Add the soaked dal, Shallots, garlic pods, tomato, required water and Turmeric powder. Pressure Cook in medium heat for 3 whistles.
- To Prepare palak dal: In a pan, heat some oil. Temper it with Mustard seeds, cumin seeds, Urad dal, Channa dal, Hing / Asafoetida. Saute for a min.Do it in low heat,Otherwise hing will get burnt.
- To that, Add curry leaves and Shallots and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the chopped Spinach and saute for 5 mins.
- Add the Cooked dal, required salt and boil for 5 mins.
- Tasty Spinach dal is ready.Serve it with hot rice.
- If you want,you can skip tomato and add little tamarind pulp.But i prefer adding tomato.
- Here i have used Toor dal, you can use moong dal or a combination of toor dal and moong dal.Also other dals also goes well.