- To Fry Paneer
- To Make Khurchan
Paneer Khurchan : The term Khurchan means ‘to Scrape’. The dish is actually scraped paneer in a gravy of onion and bell peppers. It is so simple to make but it taste awesome with Naan, rotis and pulao’s. There are quite a number of variations of making paneer khurchan and this is my own version of making paneer khurchan. Do try this and please share your valuable feedback😊
- To Fry Paneer: Marinate the paneer with Turmeric powder, Kashmiri Chilli powder, salt and garam masala powder. Let it sit for 10 mins
- In a pan ,heat some oil and fry the paneer on both sides.Transfer to a bowl and Keep it aside.
- To prepare paneer Khurchan:In the same pan ,temper it with cumin seeds.
- Add Sliced Onions and saute for a min.
- To that Add ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add tomato puree and saute well.
- Add the spices Turmeric powder, Kashmiri Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt. If you need, add a tsp of water and saute well.
- Add Sliced bell peppers(color of your choice,I added red and green), Julienne ginger and green chillies . Mix everything really well and saute until the capsicum turns crunchy and little tender.
- Now add the fried Paneer slices and mix well. Increase the heat and Spread the paneer slices and allow it to get slightly brown. Let them cook on one side and then gently scrape the paneer and vegetables and turn over.Keep flipping it gently. a note is not to cook too much as the paneer would harden. the scraping as well as flipping has to be done quickly.
- Finally Add Kasuri methi, chopped Coriander leaves and butter and gently mix well.
- Delicious Paneer Khurchan is ready .
- Serve it hot. You can add some lemon juice before you serve.
- You can also add a little water if you feel the gravy is too thick.
- Allow the Paneer to stick to the bottom of the pan. Once it sticks, scrape it off and mix. This will lend the dish a smoky flavour.