- For Pepper Fennel powder
Pepper chicken is a very flavorful,spicy dish that can be served as a appetizer or as an accompaniment to rice,chappathi,dosa,idli,appam,etc.The freshly ground pepper which brings the flavor and aroma to this dish..It is a very comforting dish on a winter day.This recipe can be made either as dry or gravy as per one’s own preference
- In a coffee grinder / Blender , Add Peppercorns and Fennel seeds and grind it a fine powder.Keep it aside.
- Heat some Oil in a pan,temper it with Bay leaf,Cinnamon sticks, cloves,Green Cardamom.To that Add finely chopped Onions and saute until they become slightly golden brown in color.
- To that,Add Ginger garlic paste and Green chillies and saute well until the raw smell goes.
- Add Turmeric powder,Garam masala powder,required Ground pepper fennel powder and Saute well in the Oil.
- Add the Chicken pieces and coat them well in the masalas. Add Required salt to it and mix well.Cover and cook the chicken .Don’t add water ,the chicken will cook in its own water.Once the chicken get cooked,open the lid and saute it until the water evaporates
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon juice over it .Sprinkle some fresh curry leaves and Chopped Coriander leaves.
- Spicy Pepper chicken is ready.