- To Prepare Poori
- To Prepare Potato Masala
Poori & Potato Masala: Poori’s are the delicious breakfast recipes that is loved by all.Usually Poori ‘s are made out with wheat flour or a combination of wheat flour and All purpose flour.Here i have made with only wheat flour .The Best side dish for Poori’s are Potato Masala and Veg Kurma .Todays Lets learn how to make a perfect Puffy Poori’s and tasty Potato Masala.
For Potato Masala
- In a pan,add oil,once it is hot ,temper it with mustard ,Urad dal ,Channa dal.
- Add chopped ginger ,Curry leaves and green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add Sliced onion and saute till it become soft and translucent.
- To that Add Turmeric powder and hing / Asafoetida and mix well.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add required water,salt and mix well.Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes .
- Tasty and simple Potato Masala /Poori Masala is ready to serve.Serve it with hot poori’s.
- You can add tomatoes also , that will give a different taste
- You can even add finely chopped carrots and peas.
- You can mix 2 tsp of besan flour in water and add ,it will give a nice creamy texture .
- In a Bowl, Add Wheat flour ,Required salt, Ghee / Oil , and the Sooji (Soak the Sooji in a bowl for 5 minutes ) and mix well with your hands ,so that everything is mixed well.
- Add water little by little and make it to a smooth and stiff dough.Dough should not be too soft like chapati dough.It should be smooth and stiff but not hard.
- Divide the dough into small lime size dough balls.Grease the rolling board with Oil, don’t add flour,as it gets burn when frying the pooris .
- Take a ball ,grease with little oil and roll it to a medium thick circular shape.Similarly Roll all the balls and keep it aside.
- Heat Oil for frying.The Oil should be hot ,otherwise the poori wont get puff up and it absorb oil.
- Drop the Poori’s in hot Oil. Gently press the puri with the laddle so that it puffs up.Cook on both sides till they turn golden.
- Drain and serve with potato masala.
- Keep oil always hot. Then only puri will puff and it wont absorb oil.Too hot makes it blacken the poori,so make it ti be in perfect temperature
- Adding a tsp of ghee while making dough gives a nice flavour.You can replace it with Oil too.
- Adding Sooji / Semolina helps to maintain crispiness for long time.
- Dough should not be too soft like chapati dough.It should be smooth and stiff but not hard.
- Do not rest the dough.Make poori’s immediately else it will drink more oil.
- Use oil to roll out the balls. Dusting with flour while rolling will make the flour burn in the oil and stick to the pooris.
- Rolling of poori is very important .If you roll too thin , it wont puff. It shouldnt be very thick too . Make poori of medium thickness with uniform thickness .