Rajma Masala / Rajma Chawal : It is a very popular north indian dish where the boiled kidney beans cooked in a spicy onion tomato gravy.It goes awesome with hot rice and also goes well with chapathi, naan etc.Do try this simple gravy and share your valuable feedback:)
- To Cook Rajma / Red kidney beans : Wash and soak the dried red kidney beans / rajma overnight or atleast 6 to 8 hours.
- In a pressure cooker, add soaked rajma with a little salt and required water and Pressure cook for 5 whistles until soft.
- To prepare Gravy : In a large pan, heat some butter and Oil on medium heat. Temper it with Bayleaf, Cinnamon stick, Cloves, Star Anise and Cardamom.
- Add a tbsp of crushed Ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add finely chopped Onions and saute until soft and translucent.
- Add green chillies and Tomato puree and saute until all the moisture is evaporated and Oil starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Add the spices turmeric powder, Kashmiri Red chilli power, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Amchur powder, Garam masala powder and required salt.Stir well.Don’t burn the spices.
- Then add rajma along with its water.Stir well and simmer it for about 15 minutes until the gravy thickens.
- Garnish it with kasoorimethi leaves and Chopped Coriander leaves.
- Serve Rajma masala with hot rice.
- Tasty Rajma masala is ready.Enjoyy!!!