- For Paneer / chenna
- For Sugar Syrup
- For Rabdi/ Rabri
Rasmalai recipe : It is one of the famous and favorite dessert among the Indian Sweets.The soft paneer balls are boiled in sugar syrup and then immersed in chilled creamy kesar flavored milk.It is simple to make but takes some time.Do try this and share your lovely feedback:)
- To Prepare Rasagulla: In a large pan,Add milk and allow it to boil.Stir Occasionally to avoid burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When it starts to boil,Add 2 tbsp to 3 tbsp of lemon juice and stir well so that the milk gets curdled and the whey got separated completely.
- Once the milk is curdled,Using a cheese cloth over a strainer,drain it.
- Wash it well with cold water to remove the lemon flavor from it.
- Squeeze out the excess water and hang it for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes,take out the chenna/paneer and knead it well for about 10 minutes until it become a soft dough.
- Take a small portion of it and roll it to a smooth balls and flatten it .Don’t make the balls too big, as they will double in size when you boil them in sugar syrup.Cover the balls with a moist muslin cloth so that they don’t dry up very soon.
- To Prepare Sugar syrup:In a large pan,Add Sugar ,water and cardamom pods .Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves completely.Allow the water to come to a rolling boil.
- Gently add the balls one by one.Cover and cook in high heat for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl,add some sugar syrup over it to avoid drying and Allow the rasgullas to cool completely.Keep it aside
- To Make Rabri / Rabdi : In a heavy bottomed pan, add 4 cups of milk and sugar and Allow it to boil.Stir occasionally to avoid burning at the bottom.
- Once it boiled,reduce the heat to low and let it simmer until the milk thickened and reduced to half. Dont thicken too much because after cooling it will get thickened more.
- Add Saffron milk, Cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add chopped Pistachios and almonds and mix well.
- Switch off the heat and let it cool
- To Assemble Rasmalai: Squeeze out lightly to release the extra water content from the prepared rasagullas and drop them into the cooled radri.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hrs and serve it chilled
- Delicious Rasmalais are ready.Enjoyyy