- Vegetables used
Rava Kichadi :It is one of my most favorite Breakfast recipe.Having hot Kichadi with chutney and a cup of hot filter coffee is a best combination and it taste out of the world.As we adding carrots,peas, beans and the turmeric powder, it will look so colorful and kids will love it.Do try this awesome recipe and you will love it for sure.
- Roast the rava: In a pan, dry roast the rava in a low flame . Do not over do and change the color.Keep it aside.
- To prepare rava kichadi:In a pan ,heat some oil, temper it with mustard seeds, channa dal, urad dal and cashewnuts. Saute for a minute till the dals turn golden brown in a low heat.
- To that, Add green chillies, curry leaves and crushed ginger.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till they becomes soft.
- Afterthat, add tomatoes and saute till they become soft and mushy.
- Add the finely chopped carrots, beans and peans and saute for a minute. Add required salt and turmeric powder.
- Add a tbsp of water and cover and cook the veggies.
- Add water to it and allow the water to boil.
- Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat and add the roasted rava.
- Stir it well without any lumps.Keep mixing till rava absorbs water fully.
- Add Coriander leaves and mix well.Keep covered and cook for 3-5mins till the khichidi texture is reached.
- Add a tbsp of ghee and mix well. Addition of ghee gives a awesome flavour to the rava kichadi. so dont skip this.
- Rava kichadi is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or sambar and a cup of hot filter coffee.