Sambar is one of the most delicious south Indian recipe often served with rice or dosa/Idlies. The main ingredient for a perfect sambar is the sambar powder. We can get various brands of sambar powders but nothing can replace the aroma and taste of our homemade sambar powder.It is very simple to make and the sambar we make with this homemade sambar powder taste amazing and smells heavenly .Do try this at home and share your valuable feedback😊
- In a pan, add the Coriander seeds .Dry roast on low heat until it turns golden brown.Transfer to a bowl.
- Add Dried red chillies, Kashmiri red chillies and curry leaves . Roast it for sometime and transfer the roasted chilies to the bowl.
- Then add urad dal, channa dal and Toor dal . Roast them in a low heat until it turns golden brown.Transfer to the bowl.
- Then dry roast cumin seeds, followed by fenugreek seeds.Roast them and transfer to the bowl.
- Then add Mustard seeds to the pan .Roast them for a minute or two until it crackles. When done, transfer them to the bowl.
- Finally roast peppercorns and transfer to the bowl.
- Cool all the ingredients completely before grinding. Once they are cooled completely transfer all the roasted ingredients to a blender and add Turmeric powder and hing.Grind it to a very fine powder.
- Spread this on a plate or a paper to cool completely and store it in a airtight container.
- Our Homemade Sambar powder is ready.
- Do not use wet hands or spoon.
- Use 2 Tbsp to 3 tbsp of this power to prepare sambar.