Semiya payasam / Vermicelli Kheer : It is the simple and yummy Indian dessert recipe one can make very easily during all special occassions .I made this payasam with Sago/Sabudana.You can skip that also ,but it gives more taste to the payasam.-Do try this easy dessert and share your feedback:)
- Boil the milk with cardamom pods and keep it aside.
- In a pan,heat a tbsp of ghee and toast the cashewnuts , raisins and almonds till golden brown. Remove from pan, keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the vermicelli and roast it for about 3 mts till a nice aroma comes out. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- In a large pan , add the sago and two cups of water and cook them.
- Then add the roasted vermicelli ,Boiled milk ,sugar and let it cook completely.
- Add Condensed milk and mix well.Simmer for another 7-8 mts, stirring it once in a while.
- Add the roasted nuts and mix well.
- Add few strands of saffron threads and mix well.Switch off the heat.
- Serve warm or refrigerate until chilled. It tastes good both warm and chilled.