- To Coat the Cutlets
SOYA CUTLET / SOYA PATTIES : These cutlets are healthy ,easy to make and taste very delicious.It is a great appetizer you can serve in parties.You can bake or shallow fry these cutlets instead of deep frying.Do try this simple cutlet and please share how it turned out 🙂
- Soak the Soya chunks with hot water and allow it to rest for min 30 minutes.
- After 30 mts, drain the water and rinse it 2-3 times in cool water.
- Squeeze off the excess water from the chunks properly.
- Take the soya chunks in the blender and grind it coarsely.
- In a pan,heat a tbsp of oil.Add chopped garlic,chopped ginger and green chillies.Saute for a min
- Add chopped Onions and saute until it becomes soft.
- To that , Add the spices turmeric powder, chilly powder , Coriander powder , garam masala powder and required salt .Saute for a min.
- Add the ground soya and saute until everything combined well.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool completely.
- To Make Cutlet: To the soya masala , add the boiled potatoes, chopped coriander leaves ,required salt and mash it well. Combine everything together.
- Take a small portion and flatten it between the palms to give it a cutlet shape.Similarly do it for the rest of the mixture.
- To Coat the cutlets:In a bowl,Add Corn flour and add water little by little and make it to a smooth thin batter.
- In another plate,take some bread crumbs.Now everything is ready.
- Dip the cutlets in the batter and then coat them well in the breadcrumbs.Make sure all the sides are coated well.Remove any excess bread crumbs as it spoils the oil.
- At this stage the cutlets are ready to freeze. You can store it in a ziplock bag & freeze it for 1-2 months. Keep the frozen cutlets at room temp for 30-45 mins before frying
- To Fry the Cutlets:Heat some Oil in a pan and fry the cutlets until golden brown on both sides.You can also bake or shallow fry them.Make sure ,you do it in medium heat.If the oil is too hot, then the outer layer will become dark and the cutlets wont taste good and if the oil is low then the cutlets will become soggy and it wont be crispy.
- Drain it from the Oil and your delicious cutlets are ready.
- Serve it with Ketchup and Enjoy with hot coffee/Chai!!!
- You can store the cutlets in a ziplock bag & freeze it for 1-2 months. Keep the frozen cutlets at room temp for 30-45 mins before frying.