- For spinach puree
- Spinach - 3 cups
- Green chillies - 3
- cashews - 6
- handful of mint leaves
- handful of coriander leaves
- lemon - 1/2
- Other Ingredients
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- cloves - 5
- cardamom - 5
- star anise - 1
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 1,thinly sliced
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Green peas - 1 cup
- water - 2 1/2 cups
- basmati rice - 2 cups
spinach rice:This is a quick and healthy recipe which is apt for kids lunch boxes.This is a very best way to include spinach in kids diet.In this palak rice recipe, you can add your choice of veggies like fresh green peas,carrots,potatoes.do try this recipe and share how it turned out to you:)
You may also like
- To Blanch spinach: Heat some water in a pan.Add the spinach leaves and allow it for 2 to 3 mins.
- Transfer it to a bowl of ice cold water. It will help to stop further cooking.
- For Spinach Puree: In a blender , add green chillies, cashews,handful of mint leaves,handful of coriander leaves, blanched spinach, half lemon juice and grind it to fine paste.
- To prepare spinach pulao :In a pan,add oil and temper it with bayleaves,cinnamon stick,cloves,cardamom, star Anise and fennel seeds.
- Add the sliced Onions,required salt and saute until golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
- Add the spices,turmeric powder and garam masala powder and saute them for a minute.
- Add the spinach puree, green peas and saute for about 5 mins.
- Add the required water( For 1 cup rice,add 1 1/4 cup of water) and salt.The water should be salty. allow it to boil.
- Add the soaked basmathi rice(Soak them for minimum 30 mts).
- Close the lid and cook until all the water is absorbed in medium heat.
- SLowly mix them and cover it tightly and cook in very low heat for 15 mins
- Simple and healthy spinach Pulao is ready to serve.Serve it with raitas.