- For Paneer / chenna
- Milk - 6 Cups
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp to 3 tbsp
- For Sugar Syrup
- Sugar - 3 Cups
- Water - 6 Cups
- Cardamom pods - 5
Rasgulla Recipe/Spongy Rasagulla Recipe:It is one of the famous and favourite sweet among the Indian Sweets.It is a sweet which is made with chenna/paneer,Kneaded and shaped into smooth balls and then the balls are boiled in sugar syrup, so the sugar syrup goes into the balls and make it spongier and juicier rasgullas.Making rasgullas is so easy,the key for a perfect rasgulla is kneading the chenna /Panner properly.It is so simple to make and surely give it a try and share your lovely feedback:)
- To Prepare Chenna/Paneer: In a large pan,Add milk and allow it to boil.Stir Ocassionally to avoid burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When it starts to boil,Add 2 tbsp to 3 tbsp of lemon juice and stir well so that the milk gets curdled and the whey got seperated completely.
- Once the milk is curdled,Using a cheese cloth over a strainer,drain it.
- Wash it well with cold water to remove the lemon flavor from it.
- Squeeze out the excess water and hang it for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes,take out the chenna/paneer and knead it well for about 10 minutes until it become a soft dough.
- Take a small portion of it and roll it to a smooth balls.Don’t make the balls too big, as they will double in size when you boil them in sugar syrup.Cover the balls with a moist muslin cloth so that they don’t dry up very soon.
- To Prepare Sugar syrup:In a large pan,Add Sugar ,water and cardamom pods .Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves completely.Allow the water to come to a rolling boil.
- Gently add the balls one by one.Cover and cook in high heat for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and Allow the rasgullas to cool completely.Allow it to Cool overnight or 5 to 6 hours atleast.
- Soft and Spongy Rasgullas are ready.Serve Chilled garnished with few saffron strands and Pistachios!!!