- Ripe plantains(Nendram banana)-2
- All purpose flour(maida)-1cup
- Sugar-4 tablespoons
- Rice flour-3 tbsp
- Salt-a pinch
- Turmeric powder-1/4tsp for color
- Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
- water required
- Oil for frying
This is one of the typical keralan snacks called as nendram pazham bajji or pazham pori or nendram pazham appam or ethakka appam.Almost most of the shops in nagercoil sell this in the evening and its often prepared by most of the homes in evening and enjoyed along with a cup of hot tea/coffee.Its very easy to make and you can prepare in less than 15 minutes.Please try this awesome snack at your home and enjoy
- Take the ripe plantains,peel them and cut them into thin strips.
- In a bowl,take all purpose flour(maida),rice flour,salt,sugar ,cardamom powder and turmeric powder(turmeric powder gives a nice color to the fritters but it wont change the taste) .Add water little by little and prepare a thick batter.If the batter is thin,it wont coat well in the banana pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan.Coat the plantain strips in the batter and fry them in the hot oil.Fry them until it becomes slightly golden on both sides.
- Serve hot with tea or coffee
- Frying in coconut oil gives a nice taste