Vazhakkai Podimas / Raw Banana podimas : It is a very simple and healthy recipe prepared with raw bananas that goes well with sambar rice / side dish for rice along with rasam or any curries.It taste so delicious and you can do it in less time.Do try it and share how it turned out:)
- Cut the raw banana into two halves and Pressure cook them with some water for 2 whistles in high heat.You can also steam cook the raw banana or boil it until it is done.It should be firm,so dont over cook it.Allow it to cool.
- Peel off the skin and grate it using a grater(use big holes).Keep it aside.
- In a pan,heat the Oil.Temper it with Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Urad dal and Channa dal
- Add Chopped ginger and Chopped green chillies and saute them.
- Add Chopped Onions, Curry leaves.and saute till it becomes soft.
- Add turmeric powder and stir well
- Add the grated raw banana , salt and mix well.Saute for 1 or 2 mins.
- Finally Add some grated coconut and give it a mix.
- Tasty Vazhakkkai Podimas / Raw Banana Stir fry is ready.
- Dont Overcook the raw banana,just cook for 80 to 90 percent
- Instead of pressure cooking, Steam Cook or boil it
- You can finally add some lemon juice foe extra flavor and little tanginess.