- To make cutlet
- To Coat the Cutlets
Vegetable Cutlet Recipe :Its a very tasty and healthy snack, which is very crispy outside and soft inside. It is loved by all especially kids which is very easy to prepare.It is a great appetizer you can serve in parties.You can replace the veggies with meat,fish , chicken ,paneer etc.
- To Cook Vegetables:Heat a tbsp of Oil in a pan and add the chopped ginger and garlic and saute for a min.
- To that,Add finely chopped Onions and saute till it become soft.
- Add the Finely chopped Vegetables ,Carrot,beans and peas.Mix it well.
- Add the spices Turmeric powder,Kashmiri Red Chilly powder , Garam masala powder , Required salt and mix well.
- Add 1/4 Cup water to it .Cover and cook the Vegetables.Cook till all the moisture evaporates from it.Transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool completely.
- To Make Veg Cutlet : To the Cooked Vegetables, add the boiled potatoes, Chopped Curry leaves , Chopped Coriander leaves , required salt and mash it well.Combine everything together .
- Take a spoonful of mixture ,Roll it into a medium sized ball and flatten it between the palms to give it a cutlet shape.Similarly do it for the rest of the mixture.
- To Coat the cutlets:In a bowl,Add All purpose flour and add water little by little and make it to a smooth thin batter.
- In another plate,take some bread crumbs.Now everything is ready.
- Dip the cutlets in the batter and then coat them well in the breadcrumbs.Make sure all the sides are coated well.Remove any excess bread crumbs as it spoils the oil.
- At this stage the cutlets are ready to freeze. You can store it in a ziplock bag & freeze it for 1-2 months. Keep the frozen cutlets at room temp for 30-45 mins before frying
- To Fry the Cutlets:Heat some Oil in a pan and fry the Veg cutlets until golden brown.You can also deep fry them.Make sure ,you do it in medium heat.If the oil is too hot, then the outer layer will become dark and the cutlets wont taste good and if the oil is low then the cutlets will become soggy and it wont be crispy.
- Drain it from the Oil and your delicious cutlets are ready.
- Serve it with Ketchup and Enjoy with hot coffee/Chai!!!
- You can store the cutlets in a ziplock bag & freeze it for 1-2 months. Keep the frozen cutlets at room temp for 30-45 mins before frying.
- Use vegetable of your choice,like carrot,cabbage,green beans,beetroot etc.