- To prepare Biryani Masala
- To Roast the Vegetables
- To prepare vegetable Masala
- To Cook Rice
- For Assembling Biryani
Cuisine: Indian Cooking time: 60 mins Serving: 8 people
Vegetable Dum Biryani :This biryani is full of flavor, amazingly delicious and it is loved by all.It looks like a bit lengthy process but its worth trying it. Do try this recipe and share your feedback:)
You might also like
- In a Bowl,Add the Basmati rice and Soak it for 30 minutes
- Cut a Onion into long thin slices and fry it in hot oil till they turn Brown in color.Keep it aside
- To prepare Biryani Masala powder:In a Coffee Grinder / Blender , Add Cinnamon stick, Star Anise, Cloves, Green Cardamom, Mace, Marathi Moggu, Shahi Jeera and peppercorns.Grind it to a fine powder.
- To Roast the vegetables :In a large pan, heat Oil and ghee. Temper it with whole spices (Bay leaf, Cinnamon stick, Cloves, Star Anise, Green Cardamom ,Mace ,Shahi jeera)
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute til raw smell goes.
- Add potato and cauliflower and saute for 2 mins on medium heat.
- Add Carrots, Beans and Green peas and saute for 2 more mins on medium heat.
- Add paneer cubes and saute for a min.Switch off the heat.
- To Make Vegetables masala : In a small bowl, Add Curd, Turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder, Coriander powder and freshly ground biryani masala powder.Whisk well.
- To that fried vegetables, Add salt, Yogurt masala paste, chopped Mint leaves, Chopped Coriander leaves and fried onions and Mix well.Make sure that all the vegetables are coated well.Keep it aside
- To Cook Rice:In a large Pan,Add a tbsp of Oil and add the spices , Bayleaves, Cinnamon Stick, Star Anise, Green Cardamom , Cloves and shahi jeera.
- Add Required water and salt and allow the water to Boil.The Water should be salty ,Check for Salt and Add required salt needed for the rice.
- Once the water comes to a rolling boil, add the basmati rice which has been soaked in water for 30 minutes .
- Allow the rice to cook until the rice is 80 % done.Immediately Switch off the heat and Drain the Rice.
- To Assemble Biryani : In a heavy bottomed pan / Pressure Cooker, Add a tbsp of Oil and spread it evenly.
- Add half of the vegetables and spread it evenly and then a layer of half of the rice.
- Again a layer of remaining vegetables,some chopped Mint leaves,Coriander leaves, fried Onions and then a layer of remaining rice.
- Spread Roasted Cashews, Roasted Raisins, a tsp of rose water (gives an excellent flavor to the biryani), garam masala powder, a tbsp of ghee, Chopped Coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves, Saffron milk(few saffron strands soaked in 2 tbsp of milk) and top it with some fried bread cubes.
- To Cook the Biryani:Seal it with Aluminum foil or Banana leaves or wet cloth.Close it with a lid.
- Cook for 10 mins in medium heat and again 15 mins in low heat.If you are not using a heavy bottom pan, place the pan over a hot dosa pan to avoid burning on the bottom.
- Delicious Vegetable Dum biryani is ready .Serve it with Raita and Mirchi Ki Salan.