- To Grind
- To temper
Vendakkai Mor Kulambu / Okra Curd curry: Its super quick and easy to make curry recipe.You can make this within 15 mins.You can do it with other vegetables like chow chow, Ash gourd, Cucumber or even you can make it with Medu Vadai. Do try this simple yet delicious curry and share your feedback:)
- To Grind : In a blender, Add grated coconut, Cumin seeds, green chilies, Turmeric powder and 1/4 Cup water.Grind it to a very smooth.Keep it aside.
- To Beat Curd : In a bowl,Add sour curd.Add little water and whisk it to a smooth paste.Keep it aside.
- To Make Mor kulambu: In a pan, Add the cut bhindhis and saute till they are roasted well and all the stickiness is gone.
- To that Add the Coconut paste , 1/2 Cup water and allow it to boil for 3 to 5 mins.
- Switch off the heat and allow it to slightly cool.
- Once it becomes warm, Add the beaten curd and mix well.Don’t add Curd when it is hot as the curd gets curdled.So add once it becomes warm.
- To Temper: In a pan, heat a tbsp of Oil. Temper it with Mustard seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Dry Red chillies and few curry leaves.
- Add crushed Ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add hing/ Asafoetida and saute for a min.Do it in medium heat as it gets burnt.
- Add shallots and green chillies and saute for few mins.
- Pour the tempering over the curry and mix well.
- Tasty Vendakkai Mor kulambu is ready.
- You can do it with other vegetables like chow chow, Ash gourd, Cucumber or even you can make it with Medu Vadai.To know how to make Medu Vadai , Click here.
- To Avoid curdling,Never add curd when it is hot.Add only when it is warm or cool.Another thing is you should beat the curd well.
- Making with sour curd gives the perfect taste to this curry,but if you dont like the sourness,you can do it with unsour curd also