- To Roast & Grind
Vendakkai theeyal /Vendakkai Kulambu :Theeyal is included in traditional sadya dish, it is made of different vegetables like onion, raw mango, vendakka / okra, potato etc.Here i have made with vendakkai and it taste amazingly delicious with rice.do try this and share how it turned out 🙂
Other recipes you may like
- To Roast & Grind: In a pan, add grated coconut and curry leaves. Roast them until golden brown.
- Add Turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder and coriander powder .Saute them for a min.Make sure you dont burn the masala powder.
- Transfer to a bowl. Allow it to cool down.
- Grind it to fine paste.
- To prepare the gravy : In a pan, heat some oil. Temper it with mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.
- Add okra /vendakkai pieces and saute until done. Add salt and mix well.
- Add coconut paste, water and lime sized tamarind extract and mix well.Simmer it for 10 mins.
- Tasty vendakkai theeyal is ready to be served.